Cave Varensis - Varen

About the winery

Varensis’ wines are aged and produced by the Varonier family with passion and pride.

The estate was founded in 1965 by René Varonier and was taken over by Alain Varonier in 1995. 80% of the family’s 6.5-hectare vineyard in Varen is planted with Pinot Noir vines, with the remaining 20% split equally between Fendant and speciality vines. Annually, they produce around 100,000 litres of wine.

The grapes are vinified at their winery using modern equipment to produce top-of-the-range wines on the sunny slopes of Varen. Next door, there is a cosy carnotzet cellar where they are always happy to share their vintages during a tasting session.


  • Wine tourism

    • Cellar tour
    • Vineyard tour
    • Tasting package
    • Carnotzet



Château de Villa

This is the largest wine cellar in Valais, with 650 select wines and the expertise of more than 110 of the canton’s winemakers.

Plan your tasting

    Opening hours

    Monday to Friday
    9.00am - 12.00pm / 1.30pm - 6.00pm
    9.00am - 12.00pm / 1.30pm - 5.00pm


    20 people


    DE / FR

    Practical information

    Parking space

    Accessible to people with reduced mobility

Wine list

  • White

    • Fendant
    • Johannisberg
    • Chardonnay
  • Red

    • Pinot Noir
    • Dôle
    • Cornalin
    • Syrah
  • Rosé

    • Oeil-de-Perdrix
  • Others

    • Red assemblage

Your tasting profile

Select your favourite type of wine or indicate what you are looking for in a wine and find out which Valais wine is right for you.

apricots, citrus fruits, exotic or red fruits, almonds, etc.Fruity

violet, elder, lime, rose, etc.Floral

low in alcohol, low in tanninsLight


intense alcohol, acidity and aromasFull

dominated by acid, which gives the wine a fresh appearanceCrisp


without acidity, round, smoothSoft

no residual sugarDry


mellow wine, fairly supple, fleshyRich

Our site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy.